Monday, December 3, 2012

The Next Best Thing Blog Hop...You landed here!

Well, I am tickled pink to be invited to The Next Best Thing Blog Hop by writer Carolina Valdez! Thanks Carolina!

As part of the blog hop, I was asked some questions about my writing career:
THE  10 QUESTIONS:


1. What was the working and final title of your book?

My newest release, Irish Magic, with Secret Cravings publishing was released this November 16th! Originally I called it Magic of Ireland as a working title but felt it was a bit unwieldy.
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
My book is set in Dingle Bay, Ireland, and I actually visited there in the past. My background is primarily Irish, with some Scots and English thrown in.  I am a celtic mutt for sure! I have always believed in fairies and been intrigued by Irish legends, so I wove a real Irish legend in my story about male fairies, called the Ganconagh, who 'seduce lasses.' My heroine, Kelly Murphy, falls for a local man named Sean Ahearn, who she believes she sees one night in the mist. But is it really Sean, or, has she been seduced by something paranormal?

3. What genre does your book fall under?

My story is an erotic paranormal romance. That's right, there will be steam!

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

What an exciting question! I would have to say Nicole Kidman for my female lead, who is a red head, and Gerard Butler for the male lead. He is Scottish, rather than Irish, but his fabulous, hunky looks, and his celtic charm would be perfect. Did I mention I am actually married to a Scotsman myself? Yum.

5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

Who, or what, is seducing Kelly Murphy in Ireland--is it local hunk, sexy Sean Ahearn, or is fairy magic afoot?

6. Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?

My book is published by Secret Cravings Publishing. I am very excited to be a part of the Secret Cravings family now, and that I have a new short release, Donovan's Blues, out soon with them

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Probably a month, as I work full time as a nurse and only have so much time for wriitng, and it's a novella length...

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

This story is kind of playful, there is almost a kind of chicklit feel to it, in addition to the erotic elements. Think Bridget Jones meets erotic romance, lol.

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I am always inspired by romance, love,and passion--and for this story, my own celtic background. I think love is the greatest 'magic' there is!

10.What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

I think the fact that it is based on a real legend is exciting, and that I spun a hot erotic story around it!

Thanks for visiting, guys!


Please make sure to begin at Carolina's blog ...https://fingerstothekeys.wordpress.com/

And please be sure to visit some of my fellow authors at Secret Cravings Publishing, 
Mahalia Levey, by clicking this link http://mahalia2010.wordpress.com/blog/  
Carole Preflatish at her link http://CarolPre.blogspot.com
Vanessa Johnston at http://vanessajohnstonwrites.blogspot.com/
for their answers to these burning questions, and more,  posted on December 10th!

2 comments:

Carolina Valdez said...

Hi, Chloe.

I'm so glad you decided to do this blog for me. I loved reading about your books, and I discovered we have some things in common. I've retired, but my California career was as a registered nurse. I have Scots and Irish ancestry, too. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed a tour of Great Britain some years back. I know all about Irish magic and fairies.

Congratulations on your books. Here's to a prosperous new year.

Chloe Waits said...

Oh my goodness Carolina, you're almost my twin...lol!

Thanks for letting me participate, and hope you have a fabulous year ahead as well!

Followers